Empowering tribal women of poor households through vocational training in the trades of goat/sheep rearing and bee-keeping as an alternative or complementary source of their family income.
Beneficiaries: 110 households from the villages of Dhenkanal district in Odissa.
- Presence in 6 districts of Odisha with mostly tribal population
- Imparting formal education to tribal and Dalit children
- Promoting micro-credit and micro-enterprise for women and youth
- Vocational skill development and rehabilitation of disabled youth
- Most households are enlisted as Below Poverty Line
- Poor livelihood options like:
- Primitive agriculture
- Unplanned animal husbandry
- Declining forest collections
Proposed plan of action
Funds requested $5500